25 April 2024 - Job search

 It’s been a futile few years trying to get back into account management or marketing in a bank. 


Perhaps I do not know what I want and that is rather true. After 8 years at mm2, getting underpaid, undervalued and under appreciated, I really don’t know what to do or where to go. 


There isn’t a bigger industry for producers except at Mediacorp. That’s why these industries abuse us. 


All I want for the next 10 years is to pay off my mortgage while getting to travel and enjoy my life. 


I love working. I love the accomplishments at work. And I love being rewarded for it. But at Vicinity, that doesn’t happen. It’s all based on sales. 


I really do not want to stay in this company anymore. But given the employments situation I am hearing of, as well as not knowing what I want, I do not want to quit either. Although that is sometimes what I feel like doing. 


I do know what some of the things I want in the company I would like to work for, even if it seems mostly material. 

1. A 30% pay increase, looking at around $8-8.5k. 

2. Travel time to work - less than 1 hour and near mrt station  

3. Annual leave of 21 days or increases by the year. Minimally starts with 14 days. 

4. Pays AWS + variable bonuses. 

5. Get to travel for work occasionally. 

6. Have my own desk. 

7. Have benefits for staff

- Medical benefits - Group Medical Coverage

- Snack and drinks in office. Including coffee machine. 

- Able to easily claim for travel 

- Mobile phone allowance 

8. Able to find good yet cheap food around office. 

9. Appreciated for the work I do. 

10. Get to mentor the younger generation and make an impact. 

11. Have favour with clients and leadership + colleagues. 


ABBA, help me! Bless me as I wait on you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog